The following are the Magellan Maestro 4050 Battery Replacement Instruction guide.
1. Begin by removing the 4 screws on the back of the Magellan.
2. Now using the pry tool provided in your tool kit gently open the GPS by carefully separating the 2 halves (slide the pry tool all around the edge of the Magellan until the halves come apart). CAUTION as you open the Take apart the Magellan the 2 sides (on the inside) will be connected by cables. So please be careful not to rip apart the 2 halves.
3. Next remove the tape that is securing the battery cable and set aside.
4. Next gently remove or lift up the original battery and disconnect the cable from the circuit board.
5. Replace the old battery with a new Magellan Maestro 4050 Battery from Batteryship.com and connect the battery to the circuit board. Be sure orient the new battery just as the original. It may be helpful to add a strip of double-sided tape in the battery compartment to help secure the battery in place so that it does not move around.
Now let's reverse our steps.
6. Place the tape removed in step 3 back over the battery cables to secure them. Connect the ribbon cable. Be sure it is secure.
7. Now put the 2 halves of the GPs together and gently snap in place.
8. Screw in the 4 screws removed in step 1.
9. Charge your Magellan Maestro 4050 Battery for four hours. Then turn on your Magellan.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.