To install a Microsoft Zune Gen 1 30GB battery follow these installation instructions.
1. Be sure you have a Microsoft Zune Gen 1 30GB battery. If you do not you can order one at: http://www.batteryship.com/htmlos/htmlos.cgi/batteryship/catalog.html?item=ZUNE
2. Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a Microsoft Zune Gen 1 30GB battery.
3. Read all instructions and back up your data BEFORE beginning.
4. Start by removing the bottom dock port spacer with your prytool. Make sure to insert on one of the long ends and not in the middle of the dock. This should pop off fairly easy.
5. After the Dock port spacer is removed you will have access to both screws. Remove these with the Phillips + driver.
6. Insert your prytool to open the case by inserting the tool in between the small gap. You will have to insert this fairly hard and work it up and down until the bottom of the shell is open. Make sure not to force the case open near the headphone jack or you will tear it off the board.
7. Now that the backing is off of the front panel we can remove the battery and hard drive panels. To do this remove the 4 screws holding the drive case on the board as well as the clip for the battery.
8. Now disconnect and remove the battery. There may be an adesive backing to the battery. Use your pry tool to gently lift the battery out.
9. Orient your new battery in the same manner as your old battery was on your zune and connect the new battery.
9. Now carefully close your Zune by reversing all the steps we just did.
10. FULLY CHARGE your new battery before use. Allow at least three hours before first use.
PLEASE NOTE: The tools at www.batteryship.com fit the majority of devices, however some devices may have specialized screws installed for various reasons. If our tools do not fit your device, you may have the appropriate tool in a tool kit you already own. You can also check your local hardware or electronics store if you do not have the right tool at home.
*****PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.