The following instruction guide may be used to replace the Garmin Astro DC30 Dog Tracking System Battery.
1. Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the four top-cover screws from the top cover.
2. Separate the top cover from the bottom cover.
3. Use a small, flat-blade screwdriver to disconnect the six-pin connector from the top cover.
4. Use a small, flat-blade screwdriver to disconnect the two-pin connector from the bottom cover.
5. Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the two battery-cover screws.
6. Remove the battery cover and the battery from the bottom cover.
Note the orientation of the battery in the bottom-cover housing. You will install the new battery the same way.
7. To install the new DC 30 lithium ion battery place the replacement battery in the bottom cover.
8. Place the wired end of the battery on the same end as the Power Key on the bottom cover.
9. Attach the battery cover to the bottom cover using the two battery-cover screws.
10. Connect the replacement-battery two-pin connector to the bottom cover.
11. Connect the replacement-batter six-pin connector to the top cover by using your thumb to hold the connector against the housing.
12. Check to ensure proper operation of the replacement battery by pressing the circuit-board switch. If the red LEDs on the bottom cover do not begin flashing, check the six-pin connector for proper connection. Check the charging circuit by connecting the Astro System DC 30 battery charger to an appropriate electrical source and to the battery-charging port. If the blue LED is not on, check the two-pin connector for proper connection.
Firmly attach the top cover to the bottom cover using the four top-cover screws to ensure water resistivity.
Fully charge the DC 30 battery for 4 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.