The following are the TomTom VIA 1505M Battery Replacement Instruction guide.
1. Begin by removing the suction cup mount. This can be done by twisting the mount and pulling it out.
2. Once the mount is removed you will be able to see a screw (where the mount ball was sitting). Remove this screw using the tools provided in your tool kit.
3. Next using the pry tool provided in your tool kit gently open the GPS by carefully separating the 2 halves (slide the pry tool all around the edge until the halves come apart). CAUTION as you open the the 2 sides (on the inside) they will be connected by cables. So please be careful not to rip apart the 2 halves.
4. Next remove the 4 screws securing the circuitboard (the battery rests under the board).
5. Next gently remove or lift up the circuitboard.
6. Next disconnect the battery cable from the circuit board.
7. Replace the old battery with a new TomTom VIA 1505M Battery from Batteryship.com and connect the battery to the circuit board. Be sure orient the new battery just as the original. It may be helpful to add a strip of double-sided tape in the battery compartment to help secure the battery in place so that it does not move around.
Now let's reverse our steps.
8. Return the circuitboard to its original position and replace the screws to secure the circuitboard.
9. Now put the 2 halves of the GPs together and gently snap in place.
10. Screw in the screw removed in step 2.
11. Finally replace your mount and charge your TomTom VIA 1505M Battery for four hours. Then turn on your TomTom.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.