The following are the TomTom XXL540S Battery Replacement Instruction guide.
1. Begin by lifitng the label at the base of the TomTom to access the screws underneath.
2. Remove the 2 screws.
3. Next using the pry tool provided in your tool kit gently open the GPS by carefully separating the 2 halves (slide the pry tool all around the edge until the halves come apart). CAUTION as you open the the 2 sides (on the inside) they will be connected by cables. So please be careful not to rip apart the 2 halves.
3. Next remove the 3 screws securing the circuit board.
4. Now carefully lift the circuit board and disconnect the original battery.
5. Pry out the original battery.
6. Replace the old battery with a new TomTom XXL540S Battery from Batteryship.com and connect the battery to the circuit board. Be sure orient the new battery just as the original. It may be helpful to add a strip of double-sided tape in the battery compartment to help secure the battery in place so that it does not move around.
Now let's reverse our steps.
6. Replace and secure the circuit board with the 3 screws you removed earlier in step 3.
7. Now put the 2 halves of the GPS together and gently snap in place.
8. Screw in 2 screws removed in step 1 and 2.
9. Charge your TomTom XXL540S Battery for four hours. Then turn on.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.