To install a Garmin iQue 3600 battery follow these installation instructions below. If you have not yet bought a Garmin iQue 3600 battery you can order one at Batteryship.com.
Begin by backing up all your data…then proceed with the following:
1. Remove the four screws in the back of the case and set them aside. The top two screws can be accessed by flipping up the square piece at the top of the back of the device. Our tool kit includes 2 Torx screwdrivers. The larger T6 Torx screwdriver should be used to remove standard screws. If it is not the correct size for the screws in your device, please let us know. If the screws seem smaller than the T6 screwdriver, try the T5 Torx instead. Set the screws aside for reassembly.
2. Use the green pry tool to pry around the case. Remove the front of the case very carefully once it has been unsnapped from the rest of the device, and set it aside.
3. Using the included Phillips screwdriver, unscrew the two screws that hold the motherboard into the back case. One is at the top right of the device and the other is at the bottom left. Set the screws aside for reassembly.
4. Flip the motherboard and screen open to the left (as if opening a book), keeping in mind that the motherboard will remain attached to the back cover at the top left. This will give you access to the battery.
5. Unplug the battery connector for the original battery from its socket, taking care not to damage the socket. Remove the original battery (carefully prying it out if needed), making sure to notice how the battery was oriented. Be very careful not to puncture or damage the battery when you remove it.
6. Plug the new battery's connector into the socket. Do not force it- it will only fit in if oriented correctly. Note the location of the prongs in the socket and the plugs on the battery to find the correct orientation.
7. Place the new battery (oriented correctly) into the battery compartment.
8. Replace the motherboard and re-install the two screws that hold it in.
9. Replace the front cover and re-install the four back screws.
10. Charge the new battery for at least 3-4 hours.
****PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.