The following instruction guide may be used to replace the Garmin Nuvi 40LM Battery.
1. Begin by removing the four screws on the back of your Garmin.
2. Next using the pry tool carefully slide the pry tool around the Garmin to open the device. Be careful not separate completely the two halves as they are connected together by a gold ribbon cable.
3. Remove the 2 screws securing the circuit board.Gently lift the circuit board out of its compartment.
4. Next disconnect and pry up the original battery.
5. Place a strip of double sided tape into the battery compartment to secure the new battery.
6. Replace the battery with a new Garmin Nuvi 40LM Battery Replacement from www.BatteryShip.com. Be sure to orient your new battery just like the old.
Now we need to reverse our steps…
7. Carefully repalce the circuit board and replace the 2 screws securing the circuit board.
8. Carefully snap together the Garmin.
9. Replace the 4 screws to secure your Garmin and charge your Garmin Nuvi 40LM for 4 hours then turn on to use.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.