The following instruction guide may be used to replace the Magellan Maestro 5310 Battery.
1. Begin by removing the four screws on the back of your Magellan. The four screws are hidden under 4 rubber caps. To remove the caps use the pry tool to carefully lift them (or a sharp metal object). After the rubber caps are removed then remove the screws.
2. Next using the pry tool carefully slide the pry tool around the plastic cover that holds the screen and circuit board in place. This will open the device.
3. With the pry tool carefully lift up the screen and circuit board. Go slowly here. You do not want to cause any damage to the charging port.
4. Next disconnect the original battery to open the two sides.
5. Next pry up the original battery. Replace the battery with a new Magellan Maestro 5310 Battery Replacement from www.BatteryShip.com. Be sure to orient your new battery just like the old. You may want add a small piece of double sided tape to help hold the new battery in place. Connect the new battery.
Now we need to reverse our steps...
6. Reseat the screen and circuit board to their original position.
7. Carefully seat the GPS receiver.
8. Carefully snap the cover shut (this was removed in step 2).
9. Replace the 4 screws removed in step 1 and then replace the rubber caps over each screw.
10. Charge your new Magellan Maestro 5310 Battery for 4 hours and then turn on.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.