The following instruction guide may be used to replace the TomTom Go 510 Battery.
1. Begin by turning your TomTom face down and lifting the four rubber ends to access the 4 screws on the back of your TomTom Go 510. Remove the four screws.
2. Next using the pry tool carefully lift off the grey plastic cover/frame from the front of your TomTom.
3. Next remove the grey plastic housing from the base of your TomTom.
4. Now remove all 6 screws from securing the circuit board. 2 of the screws will under the GPS receiver chip therefore after you remove the first 4 you will need to gently unseat the GPS receiver chip to access the final 2 screws.
5. Now using your pry tool carefully lift up the circuit board. You will not be able to completely lift the circuit board off as there will be 2 connectors holding the board to the base of the unit. You will need to detach these 2 connectors first – one of the connectors is your battery.
6. After the connectors have been detached turn the TomTom over and press in the screen clips (these clips hold screen in place – pressing them in will release the screen) so you can lift the screen using the pry tool.
7. Once the screen is separated you will see that a gold ribbon is connecting the screen to the board so be careful not to tear that ribbon.
8. Next remove the 2 black plastic clips on either side of your TomTom – these clips are held in by 1 screw and hold the TomTom's harddrive in place.
9. Now lift the hard drive out of it compartment and set aside.
Now we need to reverse our steps…
11. After your new battery is in place reattach the 2 connectors back to your circuit board. The battery connector is connected to the left socket.
12. Return the harddrive to its compartment.
13. Replace the 2 black plastic clips on either side of your TomTom.
14. Put the grey metal/plastic screen frame on to the screen and snap the frame and screen back into place.
15. Replace the circuit board and screws.
16.Seat the GPS receiver chip and replace the screws.
17. Place your GPS unit into the black plastic housing.
18. Snap the grey plastic cover onto your TomTom
19. Replace the 4 screws onto the back of your TomTom and cover ther screws with the rubber flaps you pulled off in step 1.
20. Charge your TomTom Go 510 for 4 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.