The following instruction guide may be used to replace the Magellan RoadMate 2036-MU Battery.
1. Begin by turning your Roadmate face down. On the back there will be 6 screws. Remove the six screws.
2. Next using the pry tool provided in your tool kit gently open the GPS by carefully separating the 2 halves (slide the pry tool all around the edge until the halves come apart). CAUTION as you open the the 2 sides (on the inside) they will be connected by cables. So please be careful not to rip apart the 2 halves. Also please be aware a small plast piece may fall out of place. This piece is your power switch. If it falls out do not worry we will put it back in step 6.
3. Next remove the piece of tape covering the battery connector from the circuit board. And disconnect the original battery (once done you will be able to open both halves but still be careful as there is a cable that remain connected to both halves).
4. Pry out the original battery.
5. Replace the old battery with a new Magellan Roadmate 2036-MU Battery from Batteryship.com and connect the battery to the circuit board (reapply the tape). Be sure orient the new battery just as the original. It may be helpful to add a strip of double-sided tape in the battery compartment to help secure the battery in place so that it does not move around.
Now let's reverse our steps.
6. If your power switch came off put it back into place.
7. Now put the 2 halves of the GPS together and gently snap in place.
8. Screw in all 6 screws removed in step 1.
9. Charge your Magellan Roadmate 2036-MU Battery for four hours. Then turn on your Magellan.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.