The following instruction guide may be used to replace the Magellan RoadMate 1470 Battery.
1. Begin by turning your Roadmate face down. On the back of the Roadmate there will be two rubber caps that must be removed to reveal 2 screws. To remove use a sharp object (the best is a pin) to lift up the two caps.
2. Next remove the 6 screws on the back of the Magellan.
3. Next using the pry tool provided in your tool kit gently open the GPS by carefully separating the 2 halves (slide the pry tool all around the edge until the halves come apart). CAUTION as you open the the 2 sides (on the inside) they will be connected by cables. So please be careful not to rip apart the 2 halves.
4. There will be a black piece of strip holding the battery wires to the circuit board. Remove the tape.
5. Disconnect the original battery and pry it up. Magellan uses an adhesive to hold the battery in place. Use the pry bar provided to help pry up the battery.
6. Place a brand new Magellan RoadMate 1470 Battery from BatteryShip into the device and connect the new battery to the circuit board. The battery should be oriented the same as the original.
Now let's reverse our steps.
7. Secure the battery wires to the circuit board with the black piece of taped removed in step 4.
8. Now put the 2 halves of the GPS together and gently snap in place.
9. Replace all six screws removed in step 2 and place the two rubber caps removed in step 1.
10. Charge your Magellan RoadMate 1470 Battery for four hours. Then turn on your Magellan.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.