1. Begin by removing the four screws on the back of your Magellan. The four screws are hidden under 4 rubber caps. To remove the caps use the pry tool to carefully lift them. After they are removed then remove the screws.
2. Next using the pry tool carefully slide the pry tool around the Magellan to open the device. Be careful not separate completely the two halves as they are connected together by a cable.
3. Next disconnect the original battery and pry up the original battery. Replace the battery with a new Magellan RoadMate 1400 Battery Replacement from www.BatteryShip.com. Be sure to orient your new battery just like the old. You may want add a small piece of double sided tape to help hold the new battery in place. Connect the new battery.
Now we need to reverse our steps…
4. Snap the two halves of the Magellan shut.
5. Replace the 4 screws removed in step 1 and then replace the rubber caps over each screw.
6. Charge your Magellan RoadMate 1400 for 4 hours then turn on to use.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.