The following instruction guide may be used to replace the Garmin Nuvi 465 Battery.
1. Begin by turning your Nuvi face down. On the bottom of the Nuvi there will be 2 screws hidden under the label. Peel back the label to reveal these two screws.
2. Remove the two screws.
3. Next using the pry tool provided in your tool kit gently open the GPS by carefully separating the 2 halves (slide the pry tool all around the edge until the halves come apart). CAUTION as you open the the 2 sides (on the inside) they will be connected by cables. So please be careful not to rip apart the 2 halves.
3. After opening the two halves you will see 4 screws that hold the circuit board in place. Remove these four screws to access the battery. A small plastic piece may come out during the replacement. This piece is the power switch. Do not worry it is normal. We will put it back in during step 8.
4. Lift up the circuit board to access the original battery.
5. Disconnect the original battery and pry it up. Garmin uses an adhesive to hold the Nuvi battery in place. Use the pry bar provided to help pry up the battery.
6. Place a brand new Garmin Nuvi 465 Battery from BatteryShip into the device and connect the new battery to the circuit board. The battery should be oriented the same as the original.
Now let's reverse our steps.
7. Return the circuit board to its original position and replace the four screws to secure the circuit board.
8. A small plastic piece may have come out during the replacement. This piece is the power switch. Place the switch back into place. Now put the 2 halves of the GPS together and gently snap in place.
9. Carefully lift the label at the base of your Nuvi and replace the two screws removed in step 2.
10. Charge your Garmin Nuvi 465 Battery for four hours. Then turn on your Garmin.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.