The following Garmin Nuvi 1400 Battery Replacement Instruction guide can be used for the:
1. To begin use the pry tool to remove the Nuvi's primary faceplate. Slide the prytool in the groove around the outside edges of the faceplate (this is the black cover that goes around the face of the nuvi to protect the screen if you lay the nuvi face down). When done you will see 4 screws (1 on each the 4 corners).
2. Remove the four screws using the torx provided in your Kit from BatteryShip.com.
3. Once the screw are removed, remove the Garmin's secondary faceplate by running the pry tool around the edge of the Garmin. This will separate the 2 halves.
4. Next slowly and carefully pull your Garmin screen up and forward. Do not completely separate the 2 halves as a ribbon cable is attached on and connects both sides (this is what powers and controls you screen).
4. Next you will need to lift up the circuit board. To do this you have to remove the 2 screws that hold the circuit board in place. Use the tools that came in your kit to remove the 2 screws securing the circuit board.
5. Once the circuit board screws are removed carefully lift the circuit board so that you can access the battery connector. Hint: as you remove the screws of the circuit board you will see the batter. Garmin designed the circuit board so that the battery connector would have to be connected on the bottom of the board. So once you lift the board up a little you will be able to grab the battery cable and disconnect the battery from the circuit board.
6. Next pry the original battery up.
7. Replace the original Garmin Nuvi 1400 Battery with one from BatteryShip.com and connect
the new battery back to the circuit board.
8. Replace the circuit board to its original position and screw the circuit board back in place.
9. Return the screen back to its original position and attach the secondary faceplate to the screen.
10. Replace the 4 screws around the 4 corners of the Garmin.
11. Replace the primary faceplate by securely snapping in the plate all the way around the Nuvi.
12. Charge your new Garmin Nuvi 1400 Battery for 4 hours and then turn on.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are
required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage
to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing
these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless
and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may
not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty
you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.