The following TomTom One Battery Replacement Instruction guide can be used for the following models:
1. Begin by laying the TomTom One on its face and remove the four Torx size screws from rear using a proper Torx bit.
2. Next – carefully insert the pry tool between one side of the black back cover and the silver front to a depth of NO MORE than 3 to 4mm. Start to pry the back cover away. Continue working down the side. Repeat for the other side. If necessary also pry at the center of the top. The rear black cover will be released. Take care not to pull it away, as there are two sets of wires with miniature connectors, connecting the battery and loudspeaker on the back cover to the main unit.
3. Once the two halves are apart and laying next to each other, gently disconnect the battery.
4. The battery is secured in the battery recess with a very sticky pad underneath. using the pry tool lift the battery out (remember the battery is held on by an adhesive so you will need to work here a little). Gradually pull the battery away working from side to side. Don’t rush this or damage to the back cover could occur. Retain the sticky pad for reuse, replacing it in the recess.
5. Position the new TomTom One battery into the recess making sure the wire leads exits the recess at the bottom (loudspeaker side) corner.
6. Carefully reconnect the the new battery plugs to the main unit.
7. Replace the two halves of the TomTom and gently snap shut.
8. Replace the 4 screws.
9. Charge your battery for a four hours. Then turn on your TomTom.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.