The following Sony PRS-600 Battery Replacement Instruction guide can be used for the following models:
Sony PRS-600 Battery
1. Begin by laying your Sony face down so that the backside is facing you.
2. Next remove the two screws located on the back of your device.
3. Next detach the clip holding the back cover. Use your pry tool to help detach the clip. The clip is the the long back piece that runs the length of your Sony and is the piece held in by the 2 screws your just removed.
4. Next remove the back cover to reveal the inside of your Sony and the battery.
5. Remove the original battery and disconnect the battery cable from the circuit board. . The pry tool will help you lift the old battery out.
6. Replace and connect the new Sony PRS-600 Battery and place into the battery compartment (where you took the original out of).
7. Now let's reverse our steps. Replace the back cover so that it snaps in to the long back clip.
8. Replace the 2 screws on the clip.
9. Charge your battery for a four hours. Then turn on your Sony.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.