The following Garmin Edge 605 Battery Replacement Instruction guide can be used for the following models:
Garmin Edge 605 Battery and replacement kit
1. Begin by turning your Garmin face down and then remove the 6 screws on the back of your Garmin Edge 605.
2. Next using the pry tool carefully pry apart your Garmin casing using the shim/pry tool provided (this may take running the pry tool around the seams a couple of times but it will separate). Or you can grab both halves and carefully pull open. Do not pull completey apart as the battery cable is connected to circuit board.
3. Again as you open the 2 halves do not completely pull them apart as there will be connectors you will need to detach. One of the connectors is the battery connector. Remove the connector attached to the circuit board first. Then revovbe the battery connector. Once these connectors are detached you will be able to separate the 2 halves completely.
4. Now using the pry tool again remove the original battery (it is held down by an adhesive so pry with a gentle firmness)
5. Next place a piece of double sided tape in the battery compartment (this will hold down the battery so it does not move around on you)
6. Next place on the tape the new Garmin Edge 605 battery replacement.
7. Reconnect the connectors from step 3.
8. Next place the 2 sides together and gently snap the device shut (snap all the way around).
9. Next Replace the 6 screws you took out.
10. Next charge your Garmin Edge 705 for 4 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.