The following battery replacement instruction guide can be used for the following models:
1. Begin by turning your Amazon Kindle 1 face down.
2. Slide the grey back cover off of the Kindle.
3. Gently lift the original battery out of the battery compartment and disconnect.
4. Place in the new Amazon Kindle 1 battery replacement and connect it to the battery connector.
5. Replace the grey back cover.
6. Charge your Amazon Kindle 1 for 4 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.