The following Garmin Nuvi 1205W Battery Replacement Instruction guide can be used for the following models:
1. To begin remove the Garmin Nuvi 1205W faceplate using the prytool. Slide the prytool in between the grey faceplate and the rest of the Garmin. It will snap off once the tool slides all the way around.
2. Remove the 4 screws around each corner of the Garmin.
3. Carefully open the device. Use your prytool to help separate the Garmin in one corner then use your fingers to carefully pull apart the Garmin. Disconnect the old battery and lift up the battery.
4. Now gently lift the screen of the Garmin using your prytool. Please note that the screen is connected by a ribbon cable. So do not separate or pull the screen too hard or too far away from the Garmin as you could destroy the cable. As you do gently lift the screen you will see the battery. You only need to lift the screen enough to see and remove the old battery.
5. Disconnect the old battery. Using the prytool here may be helpful lifting the old battery out. The old battery will be glued with a light adhesive so gentle strength may need to be applied.
6. Place your your new Garmin Nuvi 1205W Battery and connect it.
7. Close up the Garmin screen.
8. Gently snap the Garmin shut and replace the 4 screws you recently removed in step 2.
9. Snap back on the Garmin's faceplate.
10. Charge your new Garmin Nuvi 1205W Battery for 4 hours and then turn on.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.