The following Garmin Nuvi 660 Battery Replacement Instruction guide can be used for the following models:
•Garmin Nuvi 660
If you purchased your Garmin Nuvi 660 Battery from BatteryShip.com, you’ll also receive a tool kit that can be used to help open the Garmin Nuvi.
1. Begin by laying your Nuvi face down and lift open your receiver.
2. Once the receiver is lifted open you will see 2 screws on the back of your receiver that will need to be removed.
3. Once the screws are removed you will be able to pry open the receiver and locate the black plastic spring cover at the base.
4. Using a sharp object press into the spring cover (inward) to release the spring that secures the receiver.
5. Gently unfasten the receiver and remove the spring to reveal the 2 screws that holds the Garmin Nuvi together (the yellow ribbon cable should remain attached).
6. Remove the 2 screws with screwdrivers provided in your battery replacement kit you received from BatteryShip.com.
7. Carefully open the Garmin using your pry tool (you will be separating the Nuvi case until it snaps open)
8. Once sepearted shift the upper portion of the Garmin to the side to reveal 2 screws.
9. Remove the screws and gently lift the circuit board with the pry tool.
10. Once the circuit board is lifted you will first see 2 white (plastic) connectors with wires leading out. Remove these connectors by pulling them out. One of the connectors is the old battery.
11. Open up (or separate the Nuvi).
12. Remove the old battery.
13. Install the new Garmin 660 Battery from BatteryShip.com.
14. Reattach the 2 connectors.
15. Replace the circuit board and screws.
16. Gently snap the Garmin Nuvi shut.
17. Replace the 2 screws you removed in step 6.
18. Return the spring to its original position and snap the receiver in place.
19. Replace the screws on the back of the receiver.
20. Close the receiver and charge your battery for 4+hours
*****PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.