The following TomTom One XL Battery Replacement Instruction guide can be used for the following models:
1. Begin by laying the TomTom One XL on its face and remove the four Torx size screws from rear using a proper Torx bit.
2. Next remove the SD Chip from its slot.
3. Next – starting near to the top, carefully insert the pry tool (or a thin blade knife), between one side of the black back cover and the silver front to a depth of NO MORE than 3 to 4mm. Start to pry the back cover away. Continue working down the side. Repeat for the other side. If necessary also priy at the center of the top. The rear black cover will be released. Take care not to pull it away, as there are two sets of wires with miniature connectors, connecting the battery and loudspeaker on the back cover to the main unit.
4. Next gently disconnect the two small connectors making a note of which plug goes in which socket and which way round. (usually loudspeaker is the upper one with red wire upwards and the battery the lower one with the red wire downwards. A sma;; pair of pliers may be helpful. The back cover can now be removed away from the main unit. Lay the main unit down with screen facing downwards.
5. The battery is secured in the battery recess with a very sticky pad underneath. using the pry tool lift the battery out (remember the battery is held on by an adhesive so you will need to work here a little). Gradually pull the battery away working from side to side. Don’t rush this or damage to the back cover could occur. Retain the sticky pad for reuse, replacing it in the recess.
6. Push the new battery into the recess making sure the wire leads exits the recess at the bottom (loudspeaker side) corner.
7. Carefully reconnect the loudspeaker and the new battery plugs to the main unit the correct way round.
8. To replace the back cover, hook the USB connector into the bottom of the back cover, then making sure the two leads don’t become trapped, press the side with the aerial socket into place and then the other side. Replace the Torx screws. Insert the SD Card.
9. Charge your battery for a few hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.