To install a Tungsten E2 battery follow these installation instructions.
1. Be sure you have a Tungsten E2 battery. If you do not you can order a Tungsten E2 Battery at:
2. Remove the four screws in the back of the Tungsten E2 case and set them aside. The BatteryShip tool kit includes 2 Torx screwdrivers. The smaller T5 Torx screwdriver should be used to remove standard screws. If the screws seem larger than the T5 screwdriver, try the T6 Torx instead.
3. Open the back case very carefully and not completely, keeping in mind that the Tungsten E2 battery will probably stick to the back case while it is connected to the motherboard, so the case will not be able to open completely until the battery has been disconnected from the motherboard. You can use the larger metal flathead screwdriver in our tool kit or the green plastic pry tool to help pry open the case if needed.
4. When you have opened the Tungsten E2 case enough to access the connector, unplug the battery connector for the original battery from the motherboard.
5. Open the back of the Tungsten E2 case completely and remove the original battery (carefully prying it out if needed), making sure to notice how the battery was oriented. Be very careful not to puncture or damage the battery when you remove it.
6. Plug the new Tungsten E2 battery's connector into the motherboard.
7. Place the new Tungsten E2 battery (oriented correctly) into the battery compartment.
8. Replace the Tungsten E2 back cover and re-install the four screws.
9. Charge the new Tungsten E2 battery for at least 3-4 hours.
10. Dispose of the original battery correctly.
*****PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.