The following TomTom One Battery Replacement Instruction guide can be used for the following models:
1. Begin by lifting the ends of the label up off your TomTom (this will be on the bottom). You can use the prytool that comes in the kit to do this. The 2 screws are under the ends of the label (one screw under each end).
2. Remove the screws using your torx drivers included in your tool kit.
3. Once the two screws are removed taky your pry tool and insert between the two halves of the Tom Tom and run it around the edge of the TomTom to help separate the two sides. Once you work all the way around the TomTom you will be able to separate the two halves. Please be careful to not pull the two sides to far apart as they are connected by a ribbon cable on the inside. This ribbon cable does not need to be removed to see the battery.
4. In order to gain access to the battery you must remove the three screws securing the circuit board.
5 Once the screws are removed you will be able to carefully lift the circuit board and disconnect the battery cable to the board.
6. Once the battery cable is disconnected you can pry out the original battery.
7. Connect the new TomTom XXL IQ Battery and place into the battery compartment (where you took the original out of).
8. Replace the circuit board and screws.
9. Then put the two halves together. The two sides will snap gently into place.
10. Replace the 2 screws you removed in step 2 and smooth down the label.
11. Charge your battery for a four hours. Then turn on your TomTom.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.