The following are the Magellan Roadmate 1700 Battery Replacement Instruction guide.
1. Begin by turning your Roadmate face down. On the back there will be a small grey rubber cover that is hiding a screw. Remove that screw. And then remove the screws in each of the 4 corners. Finally remove the 2 screws on the bottom of the Roadmate.
2. Next using the pry tool provided in your tool kit gently open the GPS by carefully separating the 2 halves (slide the pry tool all around the edge until the halves come apart). CAUTION as you open the the 2 sides (on the inside) they will be connected by cables. So please be careful not to rip apart the 2 halves.
3. Next remove the piece of tape and connectors from the circuit board to seperate the 2 halves.
4 Lift the piece of tape and disconnect the original battery. Pry out the origiginal battery.
5. Replace the old battery with a new Magellan Roadmate 1700 Battery from Batteryship.com and connect the battery to the circuit board (reapply the tape). Be sure orient the new battery just as the original. It may be helpful to add a strip of double-sided tape in the battery compartment to help secure the battery in place so that it does not move around.
Now let's reverse our steps.
6. Re-attach the 2 connectors and secure them with the tape.
7. Now put the 2 halves of the GPS together and gently snap in place.
8. Screw in all 7 screws removed in step 1.
9. Charge your Magellan Roadmate 1700 Battery for four hours. Then turn on your Magellan.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.