The following instruction guide may be used to replace the Magellan Maestro 4700 Battery.
1. Begin by removing the six screws on the back of your Magellan.
2. Next using the pry tool carefully slide the pry tool around the plastic cover that holds the screen and circuit board in place. This will open the device. The two parts are connect by cables so go slow when opening the two sides.
3. Disconnect the cable from the circuit board to seperate the two sides.
4. Lift up or remove the black tape holding the batteries connector cables down and set aside.
5. Disconnect the original battery.
7. Connect the new battery.
8. Reapply the strip of black tape to hold the wires down.
9. Recoonect the circuit board cable.
10. Gently snap the gps shut (snap both sides of the gps together).
11. Return the six screws.
12. Charge your new Magellan Maestro 4700 Battery for 4 hours and then turn on.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.