1. Begin by lifting the ends of the label at the base of your TomTom to reveal the screws underneath.
2. Remove the two screws.
3. Next using the pry tool carefully slide the pry tool around the TomTom to open the device. Be careful not to separate completely the two halves as they are connected together by a yellow ribbon cable.
3. Next remove the three screws securing the circuit board,
4. Next carefully lift the circuit board to access the battery.
5. Next detach the two connectors to seperate the two halves. And now pry up the original battery and disconnect the original battery.
6. Replace the battery with a new TomTom Start 55TM Battery Replacement from www.BatteryShip.com. Be sure to orient your new battery just like the old. You may want add a small piece of double sided tape to help hold the new battery in place. Connect the new battery.
Now we need to reverse our steps...
7. Reconnect the circuit board and battery connectors. Re-seat the circuit board and secure the board with the three screws.
8. Carefully snap shut your TomTom.
9. Replace the screws to the base of the TomTom and reapply the
10. Charge your TomTom Start 55TM for 4 hours then turn on to use.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.