The following instructions are the Barnes and Nobel Nookcolor battery installation instructions.
1. To begin lift the the microSD slot cover and remove the black sticker/tape that is under the cover to reveal 2 T5 screws. Remove the screws and set aside.
2. Next pry off the (using the pry tool provided in your tool kit from BatteryShip.com) the back cover of the Nook Color by sliding the pry tool around the edges of the back cover to lift the cover up. Once you get a portion of the cover lifted up the balance of the cover comes off pretty easily. Note small plastic tabs hold the cover in place.
3. Once the back cover is off lay your Nook Color face down. On the inside you will see that the majority of the space is taken up by the battery.
4. In order to replace the battery you must remove the large metal fame that sits atop the display assembly. This internal metal frame also serves as the device's external edge. It is held to the display assembly with 10 Torx T5 screws. Remove these screws.
5. After removing the metal frame's 10 Torx T5 screws, you'll need to remove three rubber cushions that cover the connectors for the battery, and the power button, and volume up/down button. NOTE: the cushions are held in place with an adhesive. Using the pry tool or the thin metal flat head as a blade, you should be able to remove the cushions without tearing them or damaging the connector underneath. Just go slow here.
6. Now disconnect the battery.
7. You'll also need to disconnect the volume up/down button.
8. And disconnect the power button.
9. Now separate the display assembly from the metal frame. You can use the metal flat head or the pry tool or even a finger nail if long enough.
10. Now pry off the original battery. The NOOKcolor's battery is attached to the metal frame with two strips of double-sided tape. So it will take a little prying.
11. Replace the original Barnes and Nobel Nookcolor Battery with one from BatteryShip.com
Let's reverse our steps to complete the job…
12. Reset the metal frame onto the display assembly.
13. Connect the power button.
14. Connect the volume up/down button.
15. Connect the battery.
16. Reset the three rubber cushions that cover the connectors for the battery, and the power button, and volume up/down button. Remeber they were held in place with an adhesive….you may need to hold them in place with double sided tape.
17. Now screw in the 10 Torx T5 screws to hold together the the large metal fame that sits atop the display assembly.
18. Snap in place the back cover.
19. Lastly screw in the 2 T5 screws under the microSD slot cover and reapply the black sticker/tape that will sit ontoip of the screws.
20. Charge your new Barnes and Nobel Nook Color Battery for 4 hours and then turn on.
PLEASE NOTE: Patience and care, along with moderate technical and hand tool ability, are required for the successful replacement of a battery. Excessive force may result in damage to your device. The instructions above come with no warranty or guarantee. By utilizing these instructions, you agree to hold Batteryship.com and BatteryEducation.com blameless and unaccountable for any and all damages, problems, or personal injuries that may or may not arise by your use of these instructions. Replacing your battery may void any warranty you have on your device. Please read all instructions BEFORE replacing the battery.